Are you interested in joining the Veterans Committee?
If so please contact Ken Coxon or the office by phone or email or simply come to a committee meeting.
Veterans’ Committee Meetings Every 3rd Thursday @5:30 pm in the Conference Room.
New Quarterly Newsletter- Veterans Newsletter 1 June 2016
Are you a Veteran that needs assistance?
Please fill out the form below and turn it in to the office and we will try to help you.
Veteran’s Application for an All Terrain Wheel Chair 6-6-16
CARE PACKAGES FOR OUR TROOPS
Si (Sonny) Tenenberg is a former Marine that resides in San Luis Obispo he has been at this project 6 years . He is currently packing 35/40 boxes per week He is looking for people to mail a package each month. The cost to air mail one box is $17.35, a special rate. We currently receive 16 packages each month, if you would like to join the list of members to mail packages, please call the office at 805 489-2504. For more information visit his website at TroopCarePacks.org .
We are a constant help with AMP Surf and Operation Surf each year and always need volunteers.
Youth Activities: This committee is responsible for all Youth Activities and the yearly county track meet. We help in a many ways. We sponsor many youth sports such as, AG Baseball, Babe Ruth, 5 Cities Girls Softball, 5CYB to name a few. We also donate to science camps and Camp Hapitok.
- Americanism- This committee is responsible for spreading Americanism in our schools and throughout the community. They hold an annual essay contest each year. Thank you for your participation this year.
- Drug Awareness Committee: This committee is responsible for spreading drug awareness in our schools and throughout the community. They hold an annual essay and poster contest each year. Thank you for your participation this year.
- Dictionary Program– free dictionaries to 3rd graders at our private schools each year.
- Golf Tournament– Fundraiser for Youth Activities and Drug Awareness.
- CHEA Major Project (Purple Pig)– This is to help children with special needs walk, talk, see and play.
- Elks National Foundation Committee: This committee is responsible for raising money from Lodge and community members for the Elks National Foundation. They also keep the lodge board and membership up to date.
- Hoop Shoot: This committee is responsible for planning and executing the annual hoop shoot competition. All eligible youth are welcomed and encouraged to attend. This year we held it on December 12, 2015
- Scouting: This committee is responsible for the coordination between scouting units and the lodge and work to keep them active.
- San Luis Obispo County Track Meet: This event is sponsored entirely by our lodge. Once a year in March or April we help Arroyo Grande High School put on a Track Meet for over 1000 participants at Cuesta College.
This committee is responsible for all aspects of scholarships for high school seniors made available through our lodge.They are also responsible for the high school Student of the month and Student of the year awards.
There are a number of scholarships available to graduating seniors. They vary in requirements and dates. For further information access either the ENF or CHEA websites:
We also, have our Oceano/Five Cities Elks Lodge #2504- Scholarships
Student of the Month/Year– Applications available from school counselor or download from our website.
Arroyo Grande High School, Central Coast New Tech High and Nipomo High School
We had added a new scholarship to Seniors of a County School or Lopez High School
If you have any questions please call the office.
(Click on Bold type for links)
We take great pride in helping in our community with a variety of events.
- Oceano Air Port and Friends– We lend support and help with their air shows and other events.
- Arroyo Grande Parks and Rec.– We help with their Easter Egg Hunt and Haunted House Harvest Festival and Christmas Parades each year.
- Grover Beach– Library donations, Grover Beach Christmas and much more.
- Arroyo Grande High School– Freshman Planners, Red Ribbon Week Bracelets, Drama, Top Ten dinner and much more.
- Nipomo High School– Renaissance BBQ Tri-Tip twice a year.
- Toys for Tots- we take dontions each year to help make Christmas a little brighter for the youth in our community.
- Salvation Army– we have volunteers help ring the bells for donations in the community.
- and much much more.
- Scouting– We help many troops in our area. We sponsor Boy Scout Troop #413 along with Eagle Scout Projects and Girl Scouts in the Monarch Council.
Helpful Information PDF Download: San Luis Obispo County and Five Cities Services